What Your Movers Won't Move
by Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
Next, have you read the fine print on the contract? In the event you didn't look at the full thing, and the majority of folks don't get beyond the dates and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, locate it, have a seat, and read it at this moment. Fill an additional cup of joe if you wish to, but once you arrive at the part concerning what the professional movers in Little Rock can't place on the truck, likelihood is pretty decent that contract will have your undivided attention.
What You Can't Transport
Which of these is Unacceptable on a moving truck? Are some of these illegal for the workers to load and transfer, or is it just company policy? The answer is a quite uncomplicated, it all depends.
The only thing mentioned above that may go on the moving truck will be the lawn mower--if the oil and gas reservoirs have been completely drained. Indoor plants normally cannot cross state lines--that is a legal issue--and moving companies in Little Rock would not like any bugs currently in leaves or the soil jumping ship on the moving van itself.
Fireworks are prohibited.
Moving companies aren't going to be responsible for valuables on the moving truck. Your homeowner’s insurance coverage could handle any material mishaps, but most likely is not going to replace lost cash. Get it to the bank and recover it as soon as you are settled or carry it along with you.
What is considered Unlawful to Transport
So, the list of the items you can't pack and load is not such a bore, after all. These are a few other things that movers will not load, and the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and can in theory place the lives of the staff as well as the equipment in danger, is illegal. So, a garden tractor with an empty gas/oil reservoir is okay, but an aerosol can of disinfectant is not.
· Plants--some states have protocols about what houseplants are able to cross the state line. Insects as well as pests that aren't a concern in certain states are substantial threats in others, therefore leave your indoor plants for the next door neighbor or offer them to your friends. If you're bringing the planting pots, wash them with bleach prior to when you load them.
· Alcohol--laws fluctuate between states. Be safe and have a clear the bar get together before you move.
What Nearly all Company Policies Prohibit
Each professional mover in Little Rock has its own set of prohibited things, but these will be the typical stuff you can expect to leave behind or bring yourself.
Chemical substances are defined by their ability to have interaction with other matter and change the form and substance of that matter. Simply put, this means that should you place weed killer and lighter fluid on the moving van jointly and they happen to interact under force or heat, seriously awful things can take place. And if you think a couple of bottles of nail polish and remover and a chemistry set will not pack enough of a wallop to change anything, you would be wrong. So Never pack the examples below.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, and also Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Foods
Don’t forget that grocery delivery is a wonderful thing--order online and have your cleaning supplies, paper goods, and foodstuffs delivered soon after you've arrived at your new house.
For those who have any questions about some products, check with your moving company in Little Rock before moving day, specifically if you need to make other plans for transport or charitable contributions.
Click HERE for Oil Capitol Relocation’s listing of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote