International moves can be crushing. Stay calm. We know how to dispense with the difficulties, having taken people to cities spanning the globe for ages now. Whether you’re traveling from Little Rock to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere stateside to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We assume complete responsibility for your international move during …
The Moving Process
Take a look at the steps you can depend on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, in particular, you’ll surely feel you need to be advised quickly on what you can expect to pay for such a move. Get on the phone with us. Talk with us. Let us know where you’ve got to go, when you’d like or have to go, and what type of a move you’d want us to perform for you. Reflecting our considerable experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This could actually end up being the final price – but it may not be, either. Further discussion with you will help determine that. But at least you’ll have a fair approximation of what to expect, budget-wise, in advance of committing fully.
The Home Survey
To achieve a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we’re obligated to survey the possessions you’ll be transporting. We enable you to chose between two options for accomplishing this:
- A Oil Capitol Relocation estimator meets with you at your home to confer with you on the many elements of your move, do a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your possessions.
- Using your mobile phone, you hook up with our estimator and conduct your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need freighted.
The Written Estimate
After first meeting with you and assessing your Home Survey results, we’re able to present a more accurate, written estimate of your international moving costs. It comprises everything relating to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve picked.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which establishes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve opted, safety and insurance provisions, what you’ll pay, and other details. Signing it validates that you approve of our terms and pricing and lets us book your move.
The Move Plan
To deliver an international move that’s smooth, safe, and headache-free, we assign you a Move Concierge – your very own, dedicated representative and counselor. He or she will assist you in planning the various details of your move. At your initial meeting, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved locally and out of country,
- affirm which of our services you prefer,
- provide introductory counsel in what your move will likely entail, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From now until the end of your move, your Move Concierge is your Oil Capitol Relocation “one point of contact.” You can count on him or her being fully conversant with the complexities of international moving and alerting you fittingly – particularly on customs laws from one country to another. Besides providing you with useful information on your specific destination country, he or she also can provide you assistance with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other essential international paperwork.
Then, throughout the move, your Move Concierge will keep you well apprised of how everything’s progressing.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date approaches, we’ll email or call you to make sure it’s still set to go according to plan. We’ll vet dates, times, locations, and everything else regarding your setting up home in a new country.
Our packing options were initiated to more fittingly match your needs and budget.
- Choose to handle all the packing by yourself; if you want, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Elect to turn the packing over to our crew. Or
- Elect to initiate the packing yourself and let us help you by packing specialty items.
Regardless of how you choose to have your packing discharged, rest assured we have a solid understanding of foreign customs laws and will make sure that your shipments conform. That includes insuring packed belongings are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as necessary.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and conduct a walk-through, getting familiar with your rooms and the belongings you’re transporting.
Next, they’ll do what’s necessary to shield your home while the move-out is in progress. They’ll pad stair rails, cramped corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll lay carpet covers to keep floors dirt- and damage-free .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will insure that moving boxes are marked and classified by room to help with their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and anything else that must be disassembled will be carefully broken down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew conducts quality checks and stays in close communication with your Move Concierge during the loading process.
After we’ve gotten your freight safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews get it unloaded with extreme care. Among our destination-country delivery services are …
- the use of protection pads and carpet covers to make sure your new home stays undefiled while we’re moving you in,
- systematic unloading – getting your possessions into the rooms you tell us to put them in,
- reassembling whatever was taken apart for the move,
- unpacking – all you have to do is let us know; we’ll get it done, and
- debris removal – where, if you so specify, we’ll dispose of all the empty moving boxes and debris when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the conclusion of your international move, your Move Concierge will call you to ...
- talk about it with you,
- determine how faithfully we executed the services you picked
- discuss any unresolved issues, and
- THANK YOU for giving us at Oil Capitol Relocation the privilege of serving as your moving company!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote