Tips for Moving to Little Rock in Icy Conditions
1) Time the move strategically
Do your best to plan your move for lower-traffic days of the week. This tactic can help you avoid mishaps on snow-covered roads and cut back time traveling to and from your moving destination. Typically, Mondays are the best time to drive in the United States while Fridays tend to be the worst.
2) Address your walkways and driveways
Over one million people are wounded annually as a result of trips and falls. During winter months, all these incidents rise significantly. You can help stop slips and tumbles by coating your sidewalks and driveways utilizing ice melt or a snow melt mat. Before applying salt or a snow melt mat, you may use a leaf blower to help you blow away any top sheets of snow.
3) Stock your moving vehicles with an emergency kit
Keeping an emergency kit within your vehicle is a great safety precaution, specially when winter weather is predicted. The typical vehicle survival kit typically includes a smallish first aid kit, protective gear, and a small supply of water and food.
4) Examine your moving vehicles prior to going
Appropriately maintaining your moving vehicles is essential to making sure that you get to your new residence safely and securely. Prior to going, be sure to check your gasoline, engine oil, in addition to windshield washer fluid amounts to ensure you have ample fluids. On top of that, take a look at your tire pressure to make certain your tires are correctly filled with air. During the winter time, it's a wise decision for your tires to be 3-5 PSI higher than usual to take into account slower reaction times.
5) Exercise safe winter driving methods
If driving a moving van upon slippery highways, you need to apply careful attention. Here are some guidelines to help you properly traverse the roads to your new residence:
• Lower your speed: Virtually all vehicle safety agencies refer to speed reduction among the best methods to steer clear of collisions.
• Do not tailgate: Raising the distance in between you and the car in front of you to eight to ten seconds will help avert mishaps
• Never use cruise control: Making use of cruise control on slick surfaces could cause your vehicle to lose contact with the road
• Keep away from steep hills: Snowy or icy slopes may cause moving vehicles to lose grip and slide backward, causing accidents
Needless to say, if you've hired professional movers to be of assistance, they will handle maneuvering the moving van over the snow and icy highways, and you'll simply need to get yourself and household to your new residence safely.
6) Don't attempt to move during a winter weather advisory
A mild dusting of snow and isolated patches of ice are one thing. But a winter weather warning should be given serious attention. If a winter conditions warning is given in your area, do not ignore it. Reschedule your move to another day when weather conditions are expected to get better.
What is the best route to moving to Little Rock efficiently during slippery weather conditions?
By simply following the information above, you can help create safer moving conditions. However, the single most effective path to a safe move during slippery weather conditions is to ask for the expertise of a trustworthy moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have served individuals and businesses move to Little Rock efficiently during wintertime weather conditions for decades. Whether you are getting ready for a long-distance move or a nearby one, we will help make sure you as well as your belongings arrive secure at your new home. We invite you to get in touch today for a cost-free estimate. We look forward to meeting up with you!
Request a free quote