By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no wonder that summer is the most popular time for moving, being very few folks wish to brave cold winter weather or (for anybody with school-age kids) cope with the strain connected with moving their family during a school year.
Naturally, it means that there will be obstacles that you will have to overcome to make your move a success. Even so, with some forethought, preparation, as well as a small bit of aid from a professional moving company in Little Rock, everything is certain to work out in the long run. Here are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Little Rock during the summer months:
· Select and book your moving company in Little Rock as far ahead of time as you can. Given that summer is peak moving season, do not wait 'til the last moment to make arrangements with your professional movers, because you might learn that your preferred supplier is already reserved.
· Stay hydrated. Many people are unknowingly being affected by chronic dehydration, and the summer season warmth only makes matters worse. To prevent tiredness, muscle cramps, headache, along with a multitude of various other symptoms, ensure that you take in sufficient drinking water. Of course, if you can spare a couple of water bottles for your professional movers, they will be grateful for the hydration likewise, trust us.
· Protect your skin from dangerous UV rays. Use plenty of sunscreen and/or a wide-brimmed hat to protect your body from the sunburn along with other concerns that originate from overexposure to UV radiation.
· Commence the move early in the day. Whenever you can, pack and load the bulkier things ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it will make you and your moving company team much more comfortable over the remainder of the loading process.
· Make certain spoilable items are kept in a cool spot. Should it be food or maybe items that might suffer deterioration from prolonged exposure to heat, make sure that you have a strategy when it comes to keeping perishable products chilled.
· Anticipate to shell out more. The fact is that, summertime's popularity for moving commonly indicates that you're going to end up paying a little bit more for the same service than you would during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Hold off the transfer of your utilities. The very last thing you want would be to get to your new residence only to realize that it is 90 degrees outside and there isn't any air conditioning.
· Neglect to take additional precautions with your children and/or pets. As stated before, be sure that your kids are donning plenty of sun block, and are dressed properly for hot weather conditions. Be familiar with the dangers associated with heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and keep your kids and pets well hydrated through the moving process.
· Underestimate how long the moving process takes. Far in advance of moving day, you need to start the moving process by packing up certain goods that you won't need for a time. You need to investigate various moving companies in Little Rock, meet with the movers that you like, and after that, if you opt to employ them, do so a few weeks beforehand.
The fact remains, summer time moving has its distinct quirks and challenges. However, with appropriate arranging and the help of professional movers in Little Rock, like the helpful pros at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to have a comparatively easy and seamless transition as you begin a new chapter in your life. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help, reach out to us today.
Request a free quote