By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Little Rock
doesn't really need to be hectic and take you to the edge of a nervous breakdown. It's not to say it is a period of Zen in your life, although with a little planning and then some secondary preparing, your move shall be positive, and you'll continue to be sane.
Below are some more moving mishaps which takes all the fun away from your move, and the way to steer clear of them.
Hire A Trustworthy Moving Company ASAP
The instant you know your new address, commence meeting with moving companies. It's not the time to cheap out by means of a couple of lads along with a run down truck--splurge on a professional mover in Little Rock. The can provide the following, and you can now cross these tasks off your list.
· Well-maintained equipment--moving trucks that go through scheduled servicing (check-ups, tire rotation, braking system assessments) and are totally road-worthy
· Professional workers which understand how to wrap, load, set home furniture in the moving truck, and reverse the process at your new home.
· An insured crew and equipment--in the event that a mover gets injured, the moving company in Little Rock handles the medical expenses
· Professional packing if you are really overloaded. If you want a few specialty pieces packed or crated, they can handle that for you, so you're able to be assured your valuable items will arrive unharmed.
· Ask for a list of guidelines of the items they are unable to legally move--chemicals, plants, and paint are on that list, to name a few. You wouldn't want to discover at the very end that your prized bonsai plant has to remain behind.
· Expect an agreement with a written estimate.
· Be sure your mover has a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Hire the Crew, Too
All your chums say, sure, they'll help you load the moving truck. Which is wonderful--if you happen to be moving locally and they will assist you to unload, too. Also, if you are willing to risk injury, scheduling issues, and also other small obstacles to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Little Rock ensures a crew which gets there promptly, understands what they're engaging in, can drive the truck, and you can rely on to move your things correctly. They'll additionally unload all your stuff and set it in the new residence--and that could be really worth the price.
Move What You Cherish and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" guideline truly is applicable when you're moving. Consider that each and every box you pack and move has some price attached to it, and that accumulates quick when you're looking at hundreds of cartons. Get rid of old linens, kitchen gadgets, playthings, pieces of furniture--everything that you do not make use of, do not like, or have no need for.
There's A Snowstorm Coming--or a Cyclone
The one thing even the most prepared in our midst are unable to control is the weather condition. Look at the forecast and obtain a Plan B in case you're caught in terrible rain, snowfall, or gusts of wind. Coordinate with the moving company in Little Rock a couple of days ahead of time if it seems unsafe to pack up and drive and reschedule if you must. If you are moving a long distance, reserve hotels along the route. Your real estate professional will understand if you can't be out of the property on schedule; bad weather affects everyone, so the new occupants won't be able to get there either. Don't try to beat the weather system--they normally win. Moving companies will not risk their workers or equipment in dangerous weather; the good thing is that it generally goes by in a day or two.
Put the Animals in Daycare
Your family pets realize if you are anxious, add to that the disappearing stuff and they can definitely get distressed. Board your domestic pets the day before the movers arrive and pick them up on the way out of town. Pack their beds, food, water, and playthings for the journey and make them your final task.
Now buckle up, relax, and enjoy a disaster-free trip to your new home.
Request a free quote