Moving & Stress: Two Peas in a Pod?
By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
As a professional moving company in Little Rock, we have seen all kinds of moves, both simple and frantic, so we have some tips to help you steer clear of the tension of moving.
1. Admit that the stress exists. Denying that you are currently pressured could make you more stressed. Stress is usual and natural and working through it does require recognizing it is there.
2. Allow yourself enough time to get everything completed. It may take most people a couple of days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four for a couple of bedrooms, or five to six for three bedrooms. If you have a lot of things, then it usually takes more time. If you need to get moving cartons, be sure you order or purchase them far ahead of time, and have a strategy for should you run out. Check with your local moving company in Little Rock, as they could have used boxes around. Schedule the utility changeover far ahead of time. It's also wise to allow a few days to clean the home you are leaving.
3. Have a plan. Work out the way you need to organize tasks to get the best results. Numerous people need an abundance of to-do lists, some individuals might search for a moving app for their cell phone. Establish deadlines for every stage of the move and set them early enough that not making them isn't going to be a tragedy. Furthermore have a specific strategy for what's going inside which box. Tag your cartons plainly and consistently, to help you explain the labels to the movers. Tag all that is fragile. Plan which room everything is moving into in the new house and label boxes properly. The majority of professional movers will gladly put everything marked "K" in your kitchen for you.
4. Don't be reluctant to ask for support or work with a moving company to help. Do not do all the things on your own. School age children can assist, although you may need to find suitable bribes to inspire them. Ask your friends and extended family for help. Hire professional movers in Little Rock for the heavy lifting, though, instead of depending on anyone's goodwill. In case you are very busy and can have the funds for it, contemplate hiring the moving company to accomplish a handful of or all the packing as well.
5. Be prepared to let items go. Moving is an excuse to eliminate things which happen to be sitting in your house a long while from sheer inertia. In case you have a worn-out piece of furniture, at this time may be the time to kick it to the curb and buy a replacement after you move. Electronics which do not operate? Books you have not read through in a decade? A thing you completely forgot you had? Sell whatever you can and donate the remainder. Pick a charity which does pick up when possible.
6. Be sure to allow for downtime. Moving can take over your life. A lot of people find they do not have sufficient time to receive enough sleep over the move. Or perhaps they don't do anything whatsoever except work, move, and stress over the move. Give a handful of slack in your schedule so you can go out for dinner, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
7. If moving to a different neighborhood or a new metropolis, be a tourist for a bit. Take some time looking for eating places you just need to check out, points of interest you would like to pay a visit to. Compose a list of these places to eat and select one you undoubtedly like the idea of, then commit to visit the day after you move when you do not have your kitchen unpacked yet.
8. Stay in shape. Moving boxes may help your workout, but if you do a morning jog, keep doing your morning program. If you have to pack your exercise equipment, get a temporary replacement. Perhaps acquire a free trial at a health club. At the minimum, take a brief walk daily to get away from the moving chores. Exercise is proven to decrease stress.
Moving can be stressful, nevertheless the eight tips above can assist reduce the strain and convert it into an adventure. Bear in mind that professional movers can assist with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in Little Rock can be a good resource for anything from tricks and tips to moving supplies. Furthermore, remember this is a temporary circumstance and your life will go back to normal quickly enough.
Request a free quote