Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
- PHYSICALLY MAKE YOURSELF READY: Nope, you won’t need to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This tip encourages you to work with professional movers in Little Rock. Hiring a moving company means that you will have extra assistance from professionals, who are experts in organizing, lifting, as well as time management. Professional movers in Little Rock can carefully pack your house, take apart furniture, and securely wrap your extra delicate possessions. Having local professional movers in Little Rock there on your moving day is a good way to avoid injuries. They will handle all the weighty things, leaving the lighter belongings and simple clean-up to you.
- HAVE THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment is one of the best practices to not encounter injuries while moving. When talking to the moving company in Little Rock, be certain that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move simpler, like an appliance dolly. Not only should this help the moving team, but the equipment should also save you time, as things will be moved at a faster pace.
- DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every ounce of your cartons may seem like a great thing, however making them too heavy makes them harder to pick up, and puts a strain on the legs, arms, and back. An injury is unavoidable when you pick up more weight than you should handle. Also, it makes the task more difficult for everyone who is helping you to do the move. Pack boxes correctly, making sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Little Rock can work quickly and also efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a normal lifting practice and is a fantastic way to avoid injury to your neck and also spine. Maintain a wide base of support, by placing your feet shoulder-width apart and also flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are primarily using your legs when you move upward. Lastly, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe as you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this may appear like something basic, many people get injured when tripping over smaller belongings on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or even chipped tooth because of an unnecessary fall by maintaining all paths free from stuff. While moving bulky objects, it might be difficult to see anything that is in your path. Steer clear of any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest path while moving your belongings. If putting safety first, you minimize your chances that you will be injured.
Hiring a local or long-distance moving company in Little Rock with professional movers is a safe bet to save time and circumvent injuries on moving day. Contact us now for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote