By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you are in the middle of moving or about to move, you are likely aware that a lot of work goes into it. From packing and sorting through your things to finding a moving company in Little Rock
and getting ready for your new house, moving isn’t a small job.
On moving day, the last thing you would like is for anything to go wrong. Following are a few tips on what you can do early on to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Seven Items to Do on Moving Day to Make It Go Smoother
- Be certain someone can be there: Either you or maybe a trusted adult must be available for the entirety of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This will help circumvent any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Little Rock. The movers will also welcome having someone on hand to answer any questions and give directions.
- Clear the way: Be sure there is a clear pathway going to the front door so the movers may straightforwardly carry boxes and furniture in and out. Also, remove any tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This can help thwart any trips or injuries.
- Go over the home: Soon after the professional movers in Little Rock arrive, walk about your house with them and indicate all belongings of special importance or belongings that shall not be going on the moving truck. If you have any valuable items you'll transport with you on the move, make sure they're packed up and out of the way. This could include belongings like jewelry, important documents, and family heirlooms. This can help to ensure that these items are handled with care and that nothing is forgotten. Once the professional movers in Little Rock are done loading the moving truck, complete another walkthrough of your house to be sure all items have been accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Having a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new home makes the moving process much more simple. Make sure to label each and every carton with its contents and which room it should be place in so the movers will be able to easily put all the things in their proper place. For moving day, you'll want to have some essentials set aside, for example snacks, drinks, toiletries, as well as a change of clothes. Consider putting together a moving day survival box. Place these things up in a bag or box to quickly find them when you need them. Additionally, make sure you understand what moving related tasks need to be done and when. Creating a timeline will help keep things moving smoothly.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: Should you have children and/or household pets, it will be important to create a plan for them on moving day. Plan for someone to watch them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in Little Rock.
- Check in with your neighbors: Should you have close neighbors, it's nice to let them know that there will be a large truck parked on the street and also that there might be an amount of noise and commotion during the day. This can help avoid any possible issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your town or homeowners' association, you could need a permit to park the moving truck on the street. Check with your local authorities to figure out if this is something that you need to address.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a hectic and usually stressful time. But by following these tips, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you as well as your movers. Oil Capitol Relocation in Little Rock is here to assist you every step of the way. We are America's leading moving company in Little Rock, with more than four decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the chaos out of moving day for you – get in touch with us today!
Request a free quote